During the Summer of 2017, the City of Lafayette and the Cities of Walnut Creek and Concord are partnering with Rising Sun Energy Center to promote water conservation and energy efficiency via its youth employment program, California Youth Energy Services (CYES). The CYES program trains and employs local youth to provide resource conservation audits and efficiency upgrades to local residents through “Green House Calls.”
The services are provided to you at no cost thanks to Rising Sun Energy Center’s partnership with the City of Lafayette, East Bay Municipal Utility District, Pacific Gas & Electric, and East Bay Energy Watch. No on-going obligations are necessary to those that participate in the program.
In 2015, the CYES program employed 9 youth and served 260 Lamorinda residents.
Sign-up today by calling 510-665-1501 ext 5 or online by clicking here.
The Green House Call includes:
- Walking through the house and yard with you, looking for water-conservation and energy-saving opportunities
- Replacing all incandescent bulbs with energy-saving bulbs
- Installing high-efficiency faucet aerators and shower heads (all the pressure without the water waste!)
- Inspecting all toilets for efficiency and leaks
- Discussing how to water your yard more efficiently, checking your water meter, water pressure, and irrigation system
- Discussing eco-friendly recycling, energy, and water conservation tips to help you save money
- Providing a solar assessment
You'll start saving right away.
After your Green House Call, Rising Sun will let you know about other rebates and free programs, including in-depth services like bill discounts, weatherization, attic insulation, and more. Rising Sun will help guide you to the government and utility programs that match your qualifications.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How long does a Green House Call take?
The visit will take one to two hours, depending on the size of your home.
How much experience does Rising Sun have?
Since 1994, Rising Sun Energy Center has evolved from a modest renewable energy education center and demonstration site into a leading green workforce development and residential efficiency services organization serving 20 cities throughout Northern California. Since the launch of CYES 15 years ago, Rising Sun has employed over 1,100 youth, served over 28,000 homes, and reduced GHG emissions by over 93,000 metric tons.