Lafayette residents and businesses can choose between using Marin Clean Energy (MCE) or PG&E to supply their power. If you take no action, you will automatically be enrolled in MCE’s “light green” power supply, which is made up of 50-percent renewable power. Looking to go carbon free? Customers can also choose to opt-up to MCE’s “deep green” 100-percent renewable option or MCE’s “local sol” 100-percent local solar option. Finally, customers who like the power they get from PG&E can stay with that long-time power provider, whose energy clicks in at about 30-percent renewables at any time.
If you have questions regarding your options or how to read your bill, call MCE at (888) 632-3674 or e-mail them at email@example.com.
For Lafayette's 50th Anniversary of Incorporation in 2018, the City has a goal of having over 10% (1,000 accounts) of its electricity accounts convert to the Deep Green 100-percent renewable option.
- Basics- What is community choice?
- FAQ- Frequently asked questions sheet
- MCE- MCE website
- MCE- MCE Lafayette handout
- Mailed Notice- Copy of MCE mailed notice
- Opt-Up- How do I opt-up to 100% renewables with MCE?
- Opt-Up- How do I opt-up to 100% local solar with MCE?
- Rates- What will happen to my rates with MCE (resident)?
- Rates- What will happen to my rates with MCE (business)?
- Solar- How does MCE affect me if I have rooftop solar?
- PG&E- PG&E community choice website
City of Lafayette staff reports:
- City Council March 14, 2016
- City Council January 25, 2016
- City Council August 10,2015
- City Council February 9, 2015
- City Council January 26, 2015
|MCE Lafayette News:|
- Phone- 1-888-632-3674
- E-mail- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone- 1-866-743-0335
Updated March 7, 2018