The City of Lafayette is committed to honest budgeting, responsible spending and financial transparency.
In this spirit, the City of Lafayette has partnered with OpenGov to provide residents and stakeholders with the Financial Transparency Portal. The portal is designed to bring visibility, openness, and accountability to our operations.
This site provides you the opportunity to view, filter and analyze revenue, expense and balance sheet financial data for Lafayette. You can even download the data (i.e. in Excel) for offline analysis.
(*Note that graph icons are illustrative and may not match actual views)
- OpenGov allows you to explore budget and historical finances in a simple graphical user interface
- You’ll notice the Report Title you are viewing in the top left corner
- Click on Saved on the left-hand side to view a list of common or favorite views on each report
- Select Filter to display key menus
- You can use the Show drop-down to see the data that is of most interest to you
- Use the Broken Down By drop-down to specify the category by which you would like to organize the data in your chart or graph
- Select the Filtered By option to view the data filters.These filters will allow you to select exactly which data you want to include, or exclude, from your graph or chart.
- Use the Search function within each filter to find exactly what you are looking for
- There are five different types of visual representations of the data:
- A stacked line graph to visualize overall trends over time
- A line graph overlaying each trend over time
- A pie chart to view percentage breakdowns by year
- A stacked percentage graph to see percentage changes over time
- A bar chart comparing trends and percentage breakdowns over time
- Below any chart of graph, you can view a Table detailing the financial information in the visualization above
- Use the Help drop-down in the top right corner to:
- View a short How-To Guide with tips on navigating the platform
- Recall the Welcome Screen
- View a short Budget 101 primer with basic information on multi-fund accounting
- Contact the administrator of the account
- Use the Share drop-down in the top right corner to share your customized graph or chart through social medial or send a link to your customized graph or chart through email
- Use the Download drop-down in the top right corner to download an image of the graph or table as a .png file or download a spreadsheet as a .csv file