500 St. Mary's Road
Lafayette, CA 94549 MAP IT
Phone: (925) 284-2232
The City purchased the Community Center in 1983 from the Lafayette Elementary School District. It was formerly Burton Elementary School. The Community Center has 10 rooms which are various sized and used for a number of recreational purposes. Examples include classes for all ages, special events, lectures and meetings. Some of the rooms may be rented by the general public on the weekends.
The Community Center's primary purpose is to house on-going City programs and meetings. We rely on one-time renters to leave the facility clean and undamaged for the many facility users who will follow.
Rental procedures and rules have been developed to assure us that the Community Center will be protected and maintained. As a municipally owned building, we've taken great care to ensure that no claims are made against the City that could cause the elimination of all City operated programs at the Community Center.
- Live Oak Room: Accommodates 225 people. Kitchen adjoins this room.
- Jennifer Russell Building: Accommodates 240 people. No kitchen adjoins this room, but the Live Oak Kitchen can be rented if available.
- Sequoia Room: Accommodates 50 people. Carpeted floor and a gas fireplace.
- Cedar Room: Accommodates 45 people. Linoleum floor, screen and sink.
- Kitchen: Equipped with commercial refrigerator, freezer, icemaker, coffee pots, microwaves, stove, ovens, sinks and counters. No cooking or eating utensils available.
Times and Days Available
- Friday: 6:00 p.m.-11:30pm
- Saturday: 9:00 a.m.-11:30pm
- Sunday: 9:00 a.m.-10:30pm
Please Note: Rental time must include deliveries, decoration, set-up & clean-up.
Hourly (4 consecutive hour minimum for Live Oak and Jennifer Russell Building, 2 consecutive hour minimum for Cedar and Sequoia):
| Live Oak Room
| Jennifer Russell Building
| Sequoia Room
Flat Rates for Kitchen & Patio (available only with room rental):
- Rental time must include deliveries, decoration, set-up & clean-up.
- Rates include City of Lafayette staff who will remain on site during the entire rental time.
- Hourly rates shall be used to calculate overtime on all facilities.
- Security deposit required in addition to rental fees (Refundable if no damages or infractions).
Before your rental can be confirmed, we need you to:
- Call to confirm your date availability. Please call the Parks & Recreation office at (925) 284-2232 during regular business hours to discuss dates. After you confirm your date is available, you will be sent a rental application and insurance information.
- Read all the rules and procedures carefully. Failure to obey the rules means you will forfeit all or part of your Security Deposit.
- The City of Lafayette requires renter to hold an insurance certificate in an amount no less than $1 million dollars to cover all liability arising from your event and naming the City and its employees and agents as additionally insured. The insurance shall be obtained by the City of Lafayette special event insurer at fees published by the insurer. At the time of initial application, a non-profit agency may submit their insurance coverage information for review and approval by the City’s Risk Management Authority. Insurance coverage information must be received at least 90 days prior to rental date. If denied, coverage must be purchased through the City’s special event insurer.
- Complete a Rental Application/Permit and return it with a $100 reservation deposit. The deposit will be applied to your rental fees. We do not hold dates until we have received the Application/Permit and reservation deposit. The reservation deposit is non-refundable.