Important Power Outage Information For Lafayette (Updated: 13:10 PDT 9 Oct 2019)
Post Date:10/09/2019 8:38 AM
Here are the latest updates concerning the City of Lafayette (as of 13:05 PDT 9 Oct 2019):
- City Offices will be closed to the public on Wednesday 9 October, although staff will be on site working. The City’s main telephone number, (925) 284-1968 will be operational. City email servers may not work. Updates will be posted to the City’s Website (https://www.lovelafayette.org/), social media sites, Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/lovelafayette/), Twitter (https://twitter.com/lovelafayette), and Nextdoor, as well as sent out as e-notifications (https://www.lovelafayette.org/city-hall/e-notification).
- Traffic signals and crossing signs will not function during the outage; use extreme caution crossing streets. Non-functioning traffic signals should be treated as four-way stop signs.
- Schools in Lafayette will be open on Wednesday 9 October 2019. Please refer to those agencies for further information.
- As long as schools are opening, Lamorinda school buses will be running per the regular schedule; there may be some delays due to traffic signaling.One exception is in Lafayette, After School Awesome will be closed during the power outage. Please be sure to arrange an alternate stop or pick up your child if they typically attend the Lafayette Community Center after school.
- The Parks, Trails and Recreation Department is cancelling all programs at the schools and Lafayette Community Center on Wednesday, 9 October.
- The Lafayette Library & Learning Center is expected to be closed on Wednesday 9 October 2019.
- Please note that home alarm systems will only work for a limited time on battery power. Residents should be alert to any suspicious activity and call the Lafayette Police Department at (925) 284-5010. LPD will have extra officers patrolling the City. Call 911 in an emergency.
- PG&E is providing Contra Costa County with a Community Resource Center (CRC) for phone charging, cooling, and water. The CRC will be located in the Bishop Ranch Parking Lot, 2600 Camino Ramon, San Ramon 94583. PG&E reports that the operating hours for the CRC will be 8:00 to 20:00 (8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.).
- PG&E continues to have problems with access to their PSPS website. Please check local media for current information.
- BART is expected to continue normal operation through this PSPS event.
- The Caldecott tunnel will remain open during this PSPS event.
- Trader Joe's will remain open during its normal business hours during the outage.
- Diablo Foods is expected to close when the power is out, but attempt to reopen on generator power on Thursday morning.
- According to PG&E Acalanes High School will not be impacted although the Acalanes High School District office will be impacted. Springhill Elementary as also not being impacted.