Lafayette Police Department
3471 Mt. Diablo Blvd.
Lafayette, CA 94549
24-Hour Non-Emergency Dispatch (925) 284-5010
General Number (925) 283-3680 Fax (925) 283-4126
The City of Lafayette Police Department provides law enforcement services to the community through a contract with the Contra Costa County Sheriff's Office. Services include crime suppression, investigation, traffic enforcement, youth services, vehicle abatement, and community education. The Public Safety function of the Police Department encompasses the crossing guard program, the costs of which are shared with the Lafayette School District. The Lafayette Police Department has 16 Sworn Officers, 3 Reserve Officers and 5 Non-Sworn Staff Members.
Have a tip? You don't have to reveal your identity to help solve crimes.
You can view a crime statistics map here: www.crimereports.com
To receive real time and emergency notifications, please sign up for our NIXLE Alerts here: www.nixle.com
To receive alert notifications sign up for Twitter.
Department Policies and Procedures can be found here.
Community Information on Principled Policing can be found here.
Read Chief Alldritt's Community Message, June 18, 2020, here.
The City of Lafayette and the Lafayette Police Department provide a number of public safety resources for Lafayette residents. You can read more about important public safety topics by following these links:
- Novel Coronavirus Information for Lafayette Residents
- Lamorinda Residents Guide to Wildfire Preparedness & Evacuation
- Wildland Fire Evacuation Plan
- Prepare for an Emergency or Power Black Out
- PG&E Public Safety Power Shutoff (PSPS) Events
- Contra Costa County Sheriff’s Office of Emergency Services Community Warning System (CWS)
- Lafayette Police Department Emergency Alerts & Notifications (NIXLE)