Permits & Agreements

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

The permits and agreements administered by the Engineering Department primarily relate to:

If you perform any work or store materials and equipment within the City’s right-of-way, you need an Encroachment Permit. Generally, the City’s right-of-way extends about 20-25 feet from the center of the road on most residential streets, and much wider on through-roads.

Transportation Permits
The City of Lafayette limits the routes and hours of travel for oversize vehicles by issuing a Transportation Permit.

Creek Setbacks
If you have a creek-side property and you are contemplating work, you will need a creek setback determination. Article 5 of the Lafayette Municipal Code Ordinance No. 512 prohibits construction of structures within the creek setback area.