500 St. Mary's Road
Lafayette, CA 94549 MAP IT
Phone: (925) 284-2232
The City purchased the Community Center in 1983 from the Lafayette Elementary School District. It was formerly Burton Elementary School. The Community Center has 10 rooms which are various sized and used for a number of recreational purposes. Examples include classes for all ages, special events, lectures and meetings. Some of the rooms may be rented by the general public on the weekends.
Health officers in seven Bay Area jurisdictions are extending a
stay-at-home order through May 3, 2020
Please check back soon for updates
The Community Center's primary purpose is to house on-going City programs and meetings. We rely on one-time renters to leave the facility clean and undamaged for the many facility users who will follow.
Rental procedures and rules have been developed to assure us that the Community Center will be protected and maintained. As a municipally owned building, we've taken great care to ensure that no claims are made against the City that could cause the elimination of all City operated programs at the Community Center.
Find photos of the facilities and programs at https://www.facebook.com/pg/lafayetterec/photos/?tab=albums
- Live Oak Room: Accommodates 225 people. Kitchen adjoins this room.
- Jennifer Russell Building: Accommodates 240 people. No kitchen adjoins this room, but the Live Oak Kitchen can be rented if available.
- Sequoia Room: Accommodates 50 people. Carpeted floor and a gas fireplace. (No food or beverages allowed)
- Arts & Crafts Room: Accommodates 45 people. Linoleum floor, screen and sink.
- Kitchen: Equipped with commercial refrigerator, freezer, icemaker, coffee pots, microwaves, stove, ovens, sinks and counters. No cooking or eating utensils available.
Times and Days Available
- Friday: 6:00 p.m.-11:30pm
- Saturday: 9:00 a.m.-11:30pm
- Sunday: 9:00 a.m.-10:30pm
Please Note: Rental time must include deliveries, decoration, set-up & clean-up.
Hourly (4 consecutive hour minimum for Live Oak and Jennifer Russell Building, 2 consecutive hour minimum for Arts & Crafts and Sequoia):
| Live Oak Room
| Jennifer Russell Building
| Sequoia Room (self set-up)
|ARTS & CRAFTS ROOM (self set-up)||$60/hr||$75/hr||$65/hr||$85/hr|
Flat Rates for Kitchen & Patio (available only with room rental):
| Live Oak Patio
- Rental time must include deliveries, decoration, set-up & clean-up.
- Rates include City of Lafayette staff who will remain on site during the entire rental time.
- Hourly rates shall be used to calculate overtime on all facilities.
- Security deposit and insurance are required in addition to rental fees (Refundable if no damages or infractions).
Before your rental can be confirmed, we need you to:
- Call to review date availability at the Parks & Recreation office (925) 284-2232 during regular business hours to discuss dates.
- Complete a Rental Application then submit the application to the Community Center.
- Staff will review your application and contact you within three business days.
- If approved, a $100 deposit will be collected and your rental confirmed.
Read all the rules and procedures carefully. Failure to obey the rules means you will forfeit all or part of your Security Deposit.
We do not hold dates until we have received the Application/Permit and reservation deposit. The reservation deposit is non-refundable.
Community Center Room Diagrams - Please use these for room set up diagrams. Room measurements are also included for your reference.