The Lafayette Community Park is for the enjoyment of all citizens. The park offers numerous opportunities including baseball or softball, soccer, lacrosse, hiking, walking, picnicking and observing nature.
An application is required for use of the group picnic area and use of the sports fields for baseball, softball and soccer. No other use of these fields is allowed. If you are interested in applying for use of the fields or reserving the group picnic area, please call the Lafayette Parks & Recreation Department at (925) 284-2232 to check if the date you are requesting is available.
Park & Field Rules
FOR THE ENJOYMENT & PRESERVATION OF OUR LAFAYETTE PARK FACILITIES, PLEASE OBSERVE THE FOLLOWING REGULATIONS:
- The hours of the Park are from dawn to dusk.
- Use of the Sports Fields, Batting Cages and Group Picnic Area by permit only. Apply for a permit at the Parks Trails & Recreation Dept. Office, 500 St. Mary’s Road, Lafayette; or call (925)284-2232 and ask for an application to be mailed or emailed to you.
- Alcohol and smoking strictly prohibited.
- Dogs & Horses are not permitted on the Sports Fields. Dogs must be on a leash and under the control of their owners at all times.
- Dog excrement & all trash must be put in trash containers or carried out of the Park.
- Motor vehicles, including motorbikes and motor scooters, are permitted in the parking area only. Vehicular access to the sports fields is by permit only.
- Fires are not permitted anywhere in the Park except in a barbecue unit approved by permit.
- Any games or activities such as golf, model airplanes, rocketry, or anything likely to endanger property or sports fields users are not permitted.
- Plants and wildlife are protected by laws. It is a violation to hunt, harm, feed, frighten, kill, trap or chase a wild animal or remove the young, egg, or nest of any animal. No wood or plant gathering is permitted.
- Firearms, hunting or fireworks are not permitted. It is a violation to possess or discharge any type of gun, including paint guns and air-soft rifles.
- It is a violation to write, mark, print or post signs on trees, buildings or public property. It is also a violation to cut, break, injure, deface, or disturb a building, sign, fence, bench, structure apparatus, equipment or other property.
- It is a violation to roller-skate, ride a bicycle, scooter or skateboard on grassy or planted areas, within the playground area, or to leave them where a person may trip or be injured.
- Use of threatening, abusive, insulting or indecent language or gesture is prohibited.
- Pick up all litter and debris from park grounds and deposit in trash containers.
- Noise levels should not disturb neighbors (e.g. no amplified music).
- Park users will be held financially responsible for any damage to City property.
All Requirements and enforcement provisions of the Lafayette Municipal Code, Title 11Chapter 1, Sections 11-101 through 11-504, apply to use of City Parks and Sports Fields. Any person or persons who violate any of these regulations will be cited and/or fined.
Contact Phone Numbers:
Lafayette Police: (925) 284-5010
Public Works: (925) 934-3908
Parks, Trails & Rec Dept: (925) 284-2232