Lamorinda Sunrise Rotary “HOME” Team
Request a 2-person team to assist you with basic home maintenance and repairs at no cost: 1-888-204-5573 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, visit their websites: www.rotaryhometeam.com or www.lamorindasunrise.org
Lamorinda Village is a non-profit 501 (c)(3) organization made up of residents from Lafayette, Moraga, and Orinda, California.
Their Mission: to provide a one-stop resource for members to access services and programs which will empower them to remain independent in their homes and communities as they grow older. www.lamorindavillage.org
Covia Community Services
Nonprofit provider of services and housing. Covia promotes positive aging by cultivating healthy and engaged communities with a continuum of innovative services that actively support intellectual, physical, emotional, spiritual, and social well-being.
Home Match Contra Costa
Home Match helps homeowners with extra rooms connect with home seekers who need an affordable place to live, creating a win-win situation.
Call 925-451-9890 for more information or an application.
Contra Costa County Aging & Adult Services
Information & Assistance for Seniors
Contra Costa Senior Legal Services ("CCSLS") is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing free civil legal services to Contra Costa County residents who are 60 or older. They offer a wide array of services throughout the county. www.ccsls.org
Meals on Wheels Diablo Region
• MEALS ON WHEELS: Much more than a meal. We deliver meals and provide safety-checks for seniors (60 years or older) who are homebound, no longer driving, unable to prepare food themselves, and do not have a caregiver who prepares meals. Meals are provided based on need, not on income. Our volunteer drivers deliver nearly 800 hot, nutritious meals to homebound seniors every weekday.
• C.C. CAFÉ: Nutritious meals are served and social activities are offered at 6 Contra Costa County locations. Our cafés serve 220 healthy, free or low-cost lunches every weekday.
• FALL PREVENTION: Helps reduce preventable injuries, loss of independence, costs, and deaths associated with falls among seniors. Our focus is a combination of education and exercise, using programs endorsed by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). Additionally, 180 seniors receive critical home safety improvements every year.
• FRIENDLY VISITORS: Matches isolated seniors with screened and trained volunteers from the community for weekly visits. We provide companionship to 220 homebound seniors every week.
• CARE MANAGEMENT: Provides confidential guidance to help older adults and their families meet long-term care needs. More than 800 seniors every year learn about and access services that improve their quality of life and maximize independence.
• HEALTH & WELLNESS: Includes an array of services and resources designed to reduce stress, increase mobility, and improve quality of life. These workshops, alternative therapies, and educational sessions encourage older adults to live life to the fullest.
FREE Health Insurance Counseling and Advocacy Programs (HICAP)
HICAP provides free, objective, one-to-one counseling and advocacy services to Contra Costa Medicare beneficiaries and their families who need assistance with Medicare enrollment and issues involving Medicare and associated insurance programs, including prescription drug coverage and long-term care insurance. www.cchicap.org
The first Wednesday and third Tuesday monthly at 10 am, 11am or noon. By appointment only. Call Contra Costa County HICAP at 925-602-4168.
FREE Peer Counseling
Contra Costa Health Services offers free one-to-one counseling with senior (55+) counselors who use their life experiences to help other older adults cope with life changes, problems, crises, and challenges. Confidentiality is strictly observed. Appointment required. Call Lafayette Senior Services (925) 284-5050.
- Lamorinda Spirit Van: (925) 283-3534
- County Connection LINK Service: (925) 938-7433
- Mobility Matters: (925) 284-2207
- Way to Go, Contra Costa! Transportation Resource Guide
- BART cards:
Social and community service activities for adults 55+.
(925) 376-6622 http://lamorindamovers.org
Community Warning System
The Contra Costa County Community Warning System (CWS) is recognized as one of the nation’s most modern and effective all-hazard public warning systems. The CWS is a partnership of the Office of the Sheriff, the Health Services Department, other government agencies, industry, news media and the non-profit Community Awareness & Emergency Response (CAER) organization, all striving to deliver time-sensitive and potentially life-saving information to the people of Contra Costa County.
For more information and to register to receive alerts, click on this link: www.cwsalerts.com or call 925-313-9622.
California Telephone Access Program
The Deaf and Disabled Telecommunications Program (DDTP) is a public program mandated by the California State Legislature and administered by the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC). The DDTP has two components: the California Relay Service (CRS), which includes Speech to Speech, and the California Telephone Access Program (CTAP) which provides assistive telecommunications equipment. The mission of the program is to provide access to basic telephone service for Californians who have difficulty using the telephone.
Programs are funded by a nominal surcharge on all telephone bills in the state.
Medical Equipment Loan Program
The Medical Equipment Loan Program is run through Independent Living Resources of Solano and Contra Costa Counties. Call the number listed below to set up an appointment to discuss your medical equipment loan needs. (925)363-7293
Family Caregiver Alliance
Bay Area Caregiver Resource Center www.caregiver.org
An Elderly Wish Foundation
The mission of An Elderly Wish Foundation is to enrich the days of the elderly by making a life-long wish come true! www.elderlywish.org
Alzheimer's Association www.alz.org/norcal 24 hour a day/7 day a week Helpline 1-800-272-3900
Contra Costa Crisis Center 24-hour hotline: 1-800-833-2900 www.crisis-center.org
Alcoholics Anonymous – Contra Costa County
24/7 hotline: 925-939-4155
Lafayette Community Foundation
The Lafayette Community Foundation is a group of Lafayette citizens who seek to preserve and enhance the quality of life in the beautiful City of Lafayette. www.lafayettecf.org