Lafayette Planning Department
The Friday closures are temporary; we will resume
Contra Costa County Building Inspection Department
Tel: (925) 284-1976
|Tel: (925) 299-0263
Inspections: (925) 646-4108
The Planning & Building Department provides current and future physical planning for the community consistent with the City's General Plan and Zoning Code, and the policy direction of the City Council. The General Plan sets forth the community's vision for long-term physical form and development, quality of life and community values. Strong emphasis is placed on physical preservation of neighborhoods, revitalization and enhancement of the downtown commercial area with respect for the community's semi-rural residential character, and the overall service needs of and vitality of the City's economic base. The Zoning Code contains land use regulations that implement General Plan policies. The Department processes development applications, administers the City's Zoning Code, and provides technical and administrative support to the Planning and Design Review Commissions. The Planning & Building Department also assures that development is in compliance with the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and all applicable State and local codes and ordinances. Enforcement of the Zoning Code is handled by Code Enforcement. The City contracts with Contra Costa County for building inspection services.
The Planning & Building Department prides itself on providing excellent customer service. In an effort to help us measure the quality of service provided, please take a moment to fill-out our customer satisfaction survey.
- Staff and provide professional recommendations to the City Council, Planning Commission, Design Review Commission, DSIMPIC, Environmental Task Force, and subcommittees.
- Provide quality assistance to the public in the areas of zoning, planning, building, and other related activities.
- Hear and decide discretionary approvals administered by the Zoning Administrator.
- Process and review applications in a timely and professional manner.
- Complete the tasks in the approved Work Plan.
- Implement the goals of the General Plan and Downtown Specific Plan.
|Allen, Sarah||Senior Planner||Planning & Building||(925) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Erickson, Melanie||Planning Technician||Planning & Building||(925) email@example.com|
|Fox, Jonathan E.||Planning Technician||Planning & Building||(925) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Martin, Lisa A.||Department Assistant||Planning & Building||(925) email@example.com|
|Wolff, Greg||Planning Director||Planning & Building||(925) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Wright, Adam||Planning Technician||Planning & Building||(925) email@example.com|