|LAFAYETTE PLANNING DEPARTMENT
3675 Mt. Diablo Boulevard #210
Lafayette, CA 94549
TEL (925) 284-1976
FAX (925) 284-1122
|CONTRA COSTA COUNTY BUILDING INSPECTION DEPARTMENT
3685 Mt. Diablo Boulevard #120
Lafayette, CA 94549
TEL (925) 299-0263
FAX (925) 646-4108
|PLANNING COUNTER HOURS
Monday - Thursday 12pm-5pm
SEE COVID-19 UPDATE BELOW
|BUILDING COUNTER HOURS
Mon. - Thur. 8-11:30am & 12:30-5pm (12:30-4pm Fridays)
SEE COVID-19 UPDATE BELOW
UPDATE DURING THE COVID-19 SHELTER-AT-HOME ORDER
- The City Offices,including the Planning Counter, are closed through the duration of the Shelter-in-Place Order. You can find self-service information including zoning, application forms, and staff contact information on this web site. Answers to frequently asked questions regarding application and permit processing during the Planning office closure are here.
- A Planner will be on-duty at our Virtual Planning Counter, Monday-Friday, 1:00-3:00 PM. Click this link to connect with a Planner in real time via Zoom: https://zoom.us/j/699247459. Join by telephone at Tel. (669) 900-9128, Meeting ID: 699 247 459
- Planning staff continues to work remotely answering public inquiries, processing applications, preparing long range planning studies, submitting mandated reporting information to the state, and additional administrative tasks. The best way to communication with staff is to send an email directly to your project planner, or to email@example.com for general inquiries.
- All public meetings, including Planning Commission, Design Review Commission and Zoning Administrator, are cancelled through March 31, 2020. Staff is working to develop protocols and implement technologies that will allow public hearings to resume and comply with all applicable legal requirements in April.
- Contra Costa County Building Inspection Department (CCCBID) has closed its facilities to the public. Reduced staff continue to work on essential and emergency projects. For more information please visit: https://www.contracosta.ca.gov/4474/Application-and-Permit-Center.
- Essential and emergency projects will continue to be issued permits and get inspections. Projects currently under construction that are producing new housing may continue to work and get inspections. Alterations and remodels of existing dwelling units may continue to the point of being weather tight and protected from the elements, at which point additional work must cease and inspections would be put on hold. Residential permits for furnace or water heater repair/replacement will continue to be issued and inspected.
- Commercial projects for essential businesses (e.g. grocery stores, restaurants with take-out, etc.) will continue as usual. Plan check and inspections for non-essential businesses are suspended until further notice.
The Planning & Building Department provides current and future physical planning for the community consistent with the City's General Plan and Zoning Code, and the policy direction of the City Council. The General Plan sets forth the community's vision for long-term physical form and development, quality of life and community values. Strong emphasis is placed on physical preservation of neighborhoods, revitalization and enhancement of the downtown commercial area with respect for the community's semi-rural residential character, and the overall service needs of and vitality of the City's economic base. The Zoning Code contains land use regulations that implement General Plan policies. The Department processes development applications, administers the City's Zoning Code, and provides technical and administrative support to the Planning and Design Review Commissions. The Planning & Building Department also assures that development is in compliance with the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and all applicable State and local codes and ordinances. Enforcement of the Zoning Code is handled by Code Enforcement. The City contracts with Contra Costa County for building inspection services.
The Planning & Building Department prides itself on providing excellent customer service. In an effort to help us measure the quality of service provided, please take a moment to fill-out our customer satisfaction survey.
- Staff and provide professional recommendations to the City Council, Planning Commission, Design Review Commission, DSIMPIC, Environmental Task Force, and subcommittees.
- Provide quality assistance to the public in the areas of zoning, planning, building, and other related activities.
- Hear and decide discretionary approvals administered by the Zoning Administrator.
- Process and review applications in a timely and professional manner.
- Complete the tasks in the approved Work Plan.
- Implement the goals of the General Plan and Downtown Specific Plan.
|Allen, Sarah||Senior Planner||Planning & Building||(925) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Erickson, Melanie||Planning Technician||Planning & Building||(925) email@example.com|
|Fox, Jonathan E.||Assistant Planner||Planning & Building||(925) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Martin, Lisa A.||Department Assistant||Planning & Building||(925) email@example.com|
|Robles, Renata||Associate Planner||Planning & Building||(925) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Tran, Nancy||Senior Planner||Planning & Building||(925) email@example.com|
|Wolff, Greg||Planning Director||Planning & Building||(925) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Wright, Adam||Planning Technician||Planning & Building||(925) email@example.com|