The Lamorinda Spirit Van is offering modified service during the COVID-19 Stay at Home Order. The Spirit Van will only be providing delivery service to Lamorinda Seniors 60+, from Lafayette essential businesses.
Lamorinda Seniors 60+:
- Schedule a delivery from an Essential Lafayette Business Partner listed at www.LoveLafayette.org/seniors; or
- Join Lamorinda Village and have their volunteers help you shop. The Lamorinda Spirit Van is assisting with Village Deliveries. Contact: info@LamorindaVillage.org, (925) 283-3500, www.LamorindaVillage.org, ; or
- Place an order with a Lamorinda Business and have them schedule your delivery with the Lamorinda Spirit Van. Have them call or email (925) 283-3534, Dispatch@lovelafayette.org
Lafayette Essential Businesses:
- Deliveries will be FREE but we will need the following information about the senior served by this service (for grant support purposes):
- Full Name, Date of Birth, Address, Phone, and Ethnicity
- If you would like to be listed as a Business Partner on the City of Lafayette website please contact the Lamorinda Spirit at 925-283-3534 or Dispatch@lovelafayette.org
- Any Essential Lafayette Businesses may call or email Dispatch to schedule deliveries(with or without partner registration)!
Please consider placing orders several hours/days in advance.
Lamorinda Spirit Van Information/Registration Contact: Dispatch@lovelafayette.org or Call (925) 283-3534
Lafayette Essential Business Partners
Contra Costa Accessible Transportation Strategic Plan
Let’s make transportation convenient for older adults and people with disabilities!
If you’re an older adult, have a disability, or are a veteran, transportation in Contra Costa County can be challenging. We want to identify ways to make it easier for you to get around the county—whether you’re going to an appointment, getting groceries, visiting family, or anything else.
You can participate from home!
Due to the shelter-in-place we are asking individuals to complete the survey online or participate in a short phone interview. Participants will be entered in a drawing for a $25 gift card!
- Take the survey on-line at www.surveymonkey.com/r/CCTA_Survey2 or in Spanish at www.surveymonkey.com/r/CCTA_SurveySPN
- Call us at 857-305-8004
- Email us at email@example.com
- Visit us at www.atspcontracosta.com
NORMAL OPERATIONS BELOW ARE SUSPENDED DURING THE COVID-19 STAY AT HOME ORDER
Mary Bruns, Program Manager
For Rides Call: (925) 283-3534
The Lamorinda Spirit Van Program has been in service since June, 2006. We provide rides to older Lamorinda residents (age 60 and up) to errands, shopping, medical and personal appointments Monday through Friday, and to the C.C. Café at the Walnut Creek Senior Center for lunch Tuesday through Friday.
Our drivers are primarily volunteers; and we currently have one driver in the morning and one driver in the afternoon, Monday through Friday as well as one lunch driver Tuesday through Friday.
Rides to lunch at the C.C. Cafe are $2.50 each way and lunch is a donation of $3.00. Call the C.C. Cafe at (925) 280-7310 one business day ahead of time by 11:00 a.m. to reserve your lunch. Tell them you want to take the Lamorinda Spirit, and they will tell us.
Errands & Appointments
Rides to errands and appointments are $5.00 one-way, $10.00 round-trip for destinations within Lamorinda and $10.00 one-way, $20.00 round-trip for destinations outside of Lamorinda. Rides for low income residents including residents of low income Senior Housing are $5.00 one-way and $10.00 round-trip to destinations within Lamorinda as well as to Concord, Martinez, Pleasant Hill, and Walnut Creek. We love to say "Yes" so call early to reserve a ride, preferably when you make your appointment. We operate on a first come, first served basis. Our drivers are volunteers, and at present we have one driver in the morning, one in the afternoon, and one lunch driver. The Dispatch Staff is in the office from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday to take your call; you can also call at other times and leave a message. We drive Lamorinda seniors age 60 and up to errands, medical/dental/physical therapy appointments as well as to personal appointments, shopping, visits, and special events in Lafayette, Moraga, Orinda, Concord, Martinez, Pleasant Hill, and Walnut Creek. Currently Thursdays are reserved for Lafayette and Moraga shoppers and for Lafayette residents with destinations in Lafayette.
| Groceries/Shopping/Bank/Post Office
| Appointments / Visits to Friends
| Mall Shopping By Appointment
|Costco & Kohls
|Sunvalley & Broadway Plaza
| Lafayette Senior Services Events
|Lafayette, Moraga & Orinda||am/pm||am/pm||am/pm||
Donations & Support
Thank you to the following for financially supporting the Lamorinda Spirit Van Program:
- City of Lafayette
- Town of Moraga
- Lafayette Community Foundation
- Lafayette Chamber of Commerce
- Lamorinda Movers
- Orinda Woman’s Club
- Metropolitan Transportation Commission
- Federal Transit Administration
- Lamorinda Spirit Van Fans (Private Donors)
- Contra Costa County CDBG Program
- Lafayette Juniors
- Moraga Juniors
To support the Lamorinda Spirit Van Program financially, please make your tax-deductible check payable to the City of Lafayette. On the memo line, write "Lamorinda Spirit Van." Mail to Lamorinda Spirit Van Program, Lafayette Senior Services, 500 St. Mary's Road, Lafayette, CA 94549.
The Lamorinda Spirit Van is looking for volunteers to assist people in trying the van as well as volunteer drivers, volunteer fund raisers, and volunteer administrative help.Passenger Compliments -- “The drivers are wonderful. They carry my groceries.”
-- “He (the driver) is so caring. He reminds me to lock the door and pick up my keys.”
-- "I notice how you are always trying to expand your service. I really appreciate it."
-- “I really depend on the van and enjoy riding it; I don’t know what I would do without this service.”
-- “I was house bound before the van.”
-- “The drivers are wonderful. We get so much done and have fun at the same time.”
-- “I hope you will let your drivers know how much we appreciate their kindness, humor and genuine concern for us.”
Volunteer Drivers are Needed and Appreciated - Just 4 hours every week or two.We will work around your schedule and vacations.
Other Transportation Resources
Contra Costa Yellow Cab and DeSoto Company, (925) 284-1234
10% discount for Lamorinda seniors. A taxi is often an economical alternative to owning, insuring, fueling, and maintaining a car.
Orinda Seniors Around Town, (925) 402-4506
Serving Orinda seniors
Mobility Matters, Rides for Seniors (925) 284-6161
Serving Contra Costa County seniors.